FOX News: Conan O’Brien settles joke-stealing lawsuit, blames ‘tweet-saming’ in defending his writers

Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares

Conan O’Brien’s team decided to settle a 2015 joke-stealing lawsuit this week. But in a lengthy yet witty op-ed published Thursday, O’Brien defended his writers’ innocence by explaining the honor code of comedy writers – next to murder there’s nothing more despicable than joke theft.

FOX News


Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares
  •  
    6
    Shares
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

FOX News: US to slap tariffs on $325B in Chinese goods, WH says, but trade talks to resume Friday

Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares

The Trump administration will move ahead with tariffs on $325 billion worth of Chinese goods Friday after a round of trade talks between the United States and China on Thursday failed to produce an agreement, Fox News has learned.

FOX News


Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares
  •  
    6
    Shares
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Voice of America: Japan, Vietnam Teaming up to Resist China Expansion

Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares

Japan is helping Vietnam build a defense against the larger, more militarily powerful China as Vietnam says Beijing’s forces are occupying more than their legal share of the South China Sea.

Japanese Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya and his Vietnamese counterpart, Ngo Xuan Lich, met May 3 to “advance cooperation” on maritime security, Tokyo-based NHK television online said. 

In October, the ministers met in Tokyo to discuss issues surrounding the South China Sea. They signed a…

Voice of America


Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares
  •  
    6
    Shares
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

World – TIME: The Thai Beach Featured in the Movie ‘The Beach’ Will Be Closed Until 2021

Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares

The beach made famous by the film The Beach will remain closed until 2021 to recover from an overflow of tourists which damaged its coral reefs.

The idyllic Maya Bay on the island of Phi Phi Leh shut its doors to visitors temporarily in June last year. National park officials said it would re-open in a few months, but officials have decided to ban tourists until 2021 to give the environment more time to recuperate, according to the BBC.

Tourists have flocked to the beach en masse since the 2000 moving starting Leonardo DiCaprio made it famous. Before its closure, the small beach strip received as many as 5,000 sightseers a day, according to the BBC. National park officials say when the park eventually re-opens, visitor numbers will be restricted and boats will not be allowed to moor in the bay, reports Agence France-Presse (AFP), according to the BBC.

Read More: Thailand’s Famous Phi Phi Islands Are Running Out of Drinking Water Because of Too Many Tourists

Although the environment seems to be slowly recovering – blacktip reef sharks have returned to the bay – some locals are not happy about its closure.

Wattana Rerngsamut, head of the local tourism association, told AFP that public hearings should be held to decide the fate of the beach “so that local people can earn a living,” reports the BBC.

World – TIME


Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares
  •  
    6
    Shares
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Voice of America: US Mideast Peace Plan Starts Argument Before It’s Released

Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares

A key architect of the long-awaited U.S. plan for Israeli-Palestinian peace lashed out at the U.N.’s “anti-Israel bias” Thursday while urging support for the Trump administration’s “vision.” But the Palestinian foreign minister dismissed the U.S. peace effort, saying all indications are it will be “conditions for surrender.”

The speeches by U.S. envoy for international negotiations Jason Greenblatt and top Palestinian diplomat Riad Malki at an informal Security Council meeting ended up…

Voice of America


Spread the Knowledge
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    6
    Shares
  •  
    6
    Shares
  • 6
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •